Homebrewers have been a crucial part of the Utah drinking scene for a very long time now, and we want to honor not only the great beers being made by many of our listeners, but also the STORIES behind those beers.
SO, we're going to host an old fashioned homebrew comp. And this one will be a bit different from other competitions in that we're not asking for any entry fees and the prizes will be
- Entrants must be 21 in order to participate.
- Beers must be submitted to Utah Grape and Grain HQ in person or mailed. An entry consists of 3 12-oz bottles, capped and labelled with the brewer's name and the beer's name. All entries must be received by September 30, 2018 at 8pm.
- Each entrant may submit between 1 and 3 beers for judging, but no more than 1 beer in a specific category.
- Beers will be judged by a panel of professionals and amateurs. Finalists will be invited to a recording in which we will hear a quick story from each brewer and award the Utah Grape and Grain Homebrewer of the Year award. Prizes will be life-changing and wonderful.
- Each beer submitted must include a description and anything else you'd like us to know. Even if your beer doesn't win, if the story is interesting we might want to talk about it (or invite you to talk about it) on the podcast.
- Depending on how many entries are received, you might get invited to the finalist panel and awards ceremony just for submitting a beer!